MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation fails with SQLite3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time trying to install MyBB (1.6.03). I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 and want to use SQLite After the installer checked that permissions were OK, it created the tables:
Quote:Table Creation

Connection to the database server and table you specified was successful.

Database Engine: SQLite 3.7.4

The MyBB database tables will now be created.
Creating table mybb_adminlog...done
Creating table mybb_adminoptions...done
Creating table mybb_adminsessions...done
Creating table mybb_adminviews...done
Creating table mybb_announcements...done
Creating table mybb_attachments...done
Creating table mybb_attachtypes...done
Creating table mybb_awaitingactivation...done
[snipped]
All tables have been created, click Next to populate them.

After clicking Next, I got an unfinished page displaying

Quote:Table Population

Now that the basic tables have been created, it's time to insert the default data.

The PHP error was:

Quote:"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: mybb_attachtypes' in /var/www/qsforum/inc/db_pdo.php:67
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/qsforum/inc/db_pdo.php(67): PDO->query('INSERT INTO myb...', 4)
#1 /var/www/qsforum/inc/db_sqlite.php(189): dbpdoEngine->query('INSERT INTO myb...')
#2 /var/www/qsforum/install/index.php(1625): DB_SQLite->query('INSERT INTO myb...')
#3 /var/www/qsforum/install/index.php(186): populate_tables()
#4 {main}
thrown in /var/www/qsforum/inc/db_pdo.php on line 67"

What exactly is the problem here? Does MyBB actually support SQLite?

In "SQLite 3 Database Settings", I left "Database Path" empty. Might this be the problem? But the next page (the first output above) shows that the tables were created, so they must've been created in some SQLite file (though I couldn't find one yet).
Did you tried using MySQL ? The best choice would be using MySQL since many plugin authors use this in plugins too. If install MySQLite then you may fall in to many troubles.
(2011-06-09, 08:37 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tried using MySQL ? The best choice would be using MySQL since many plugin authors use this in plugins too. If install MySQLite then you may fall in to many troubles.

As I said in my first post, I want to use SQLite (because my forum will be small and low-traffic, well below the 100k hits SQLite documentation cites). If I needed a bigger database engine, I would pick PostgreSQL.

MySQL is the most popular database choice, but MySQL is way technically inferior to PostgreSQL.

MyBB claims it supports SQLite, so it better would, or change its claim.
(2011-06-09, 08:45 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]MySQL is way technically inferior to PostgreSQL

And PHP is technically way inferior to Python.

If you want to use MyBB, you have no choice but to use PHP and MySQL.

SQLite is a great database but the reality is that PHP's SQLite driver sucks big time, plain and simple.
(2011-06-09, 08:25 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]In "SQLite 3 Database Settings", I left "Database Path" empty. Might this be the problem? But the next page (the first output above) shows that the tables were created, so they must've been created in some SQLite file (though I couldn't find one yet).
This may be the reason for this problem. Moreover you should know where your database is to be able to create backups.
(2011-06-09, 09:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-09, 08:45 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]MySQL is way technically inferior to PostgreSQL

And PHP is technically way inferior to Python.

Probably. PHP is inferior to Perl.

(2011-06-09, 09:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to use MyBB, you have no choice but to use PHP and MySQL.

No. I'm using it with PostgreSQL right now.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic.

(2011-06-09, 09:30 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-09, 08:25 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]In "SQLite 3 Database Settings", I left "Database Path" empty. Might this be the problem? But the next page (the first output above) shows that the tables were created, so they must've been created in some SQLite file (though I couldn't find one yet).
This may be the reason for this problem.

Where did the installer create the tables then ?!

Any why didn't it check that the Database Path was valid? That seems like a really lame thing not to check for - whether your DB is accessible.

(2011-06-09, 09:30 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Moreover you should know where your database is to be able to create backups.

Exactly. So if the installer created one for me when I left "Database Settings" blank, it should display the path to it.
What happens when you enter a path?