MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Human-readable/friendly URLs: PostgreSQL support for Google SEO plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the plans, if any, to support PostgreSQL in the Google SEO plugin?

It's 2011 and human-readable URLs are no longer a "nice to have" feature really. I believe everyone would agree that myforum.com/thread-about-configuring-mybb-with-postgress is better than myforum.com/thread-1234.html, and human-readable URLs should be a core feature by now.
Due to a lack of response to this issue, I am forced to give up MyBB.

For those who are interested in going through the pains of getting MyBB's "similar threads" feature to work with PostgreSQL, see this issue on the bug tracker: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1175
(2011-06-15, 10:51 PM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]Due to a lack of response to this issue, I am forced to give up MyBB.

I already gave you the response you needed:

(2011-06-09, 09:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to use MyBB, you have no choice but to use PHP and MySQL.

That's the plain and simple truth; MyBB itself doesn't work properly with alternative databases. And as long as that is the case, there is very little point in adding support in plugins, since it can never really be used this way anyhow.

Your problem is that you did not take the advice:

(2011-06-09, 11:08 AM)dandv Wrote: [ -> ]That, however, is philosophically wrong, and I'm not going to condone it by using MySQL.

If you want to put philosophy over functionality, then this is indeed a dead end for you.