MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me switch from v1.6.2 to v1.6.3 without deleting forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to update myBB forums on my site from v1.6.2 to v1.6.3 without deleting all of my forums and members and stuff. I don't know what all I have to replace though. I don't want to delete any members or anything. How can I do this? Please help. My website is http://www.themoddingsite.com/
What folders do I need to replace and what files do I need to replace and CAN replace without losing any data? Thanks for reading and please reply.
You don't need to delete any file or folder. Just overwrite the Changed files and run the Up-grader script. For more info, please see: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2011-06-09, 11:05 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to delete any file or folder. Just overwrite the Changed files and run the Up-grader script. For more info, please see: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Well if I downloaded the myBB v1.6.3 forum then wouldn't all the files be changed?
Did you edited your core files ? If not then you don't have to worry about. Take a backup in case any thing got messed.
You must have the MyBB copyright intact to be eligible for support. I am sure the support staff can explain this further.
Hello there,

The forum you have posted does not have the minimum "Powered by MyBB" notice we require for technical support here. In order for us to give you further support, please add the following code to the footer template of your forum:

Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> *expand your template set* --> Footer Templates --> footer