MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this a security flaw? Or just misconfiguration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay. I will try to disable the plugin and rework on each permissions.
Is there a way around for the feeds to only display excerpt and not the whole content of the thread?
Disabling the plugin, and setting the permissions to guest not viewing threads do differently.
It doesn't display the statistics as well on categories and forums doing so. It just displays "-" and not letting guest see the titles within the forums.
Doing so makes my forum looks empty.
I guess I have no other choice then but to restore the plugin and remove both portal.php and syndication.php Sad
The permissions system in MyBB works on the portal and syndication pages, either your permissions are set incorrectly or the plugin is causing problems.

Did you check the portal and syndication pages while the plugin was deactivated?
Yup. I've checked. And what's limited is not shown on both portal and syndication.

I'll have to stick with plugin activated. Portal and syndication are disabled / renamed.
I don't need both at the moment.

I have interest in portal, it looks cool but at the moment, I'll stick with using the plugin.
(2011-06-11, 03:49 AM)KenWeiLL Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. I've checked. And what's limited is not shown on both portal and syndication.

I'll have to stick with plugin activated. Portal and syndication are disabled / renamed.
I don't need both at the moment.

I have interest in portal, it looks cool but at the moment, I'll stick with using the plugin.

You'll also want to remove the link to the archives. (http://community.mybb.com/archive/index.php)

KenWeiLL, just find another plugin which works and you should be fine.
(2011-06-11, 12:00 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]You'll also want to remove the link to the archives. (http://community.mybb.com/archive/index.php)

Archive is fine. It says "Guests and users awaiting for activation cannot view threads." when it's opened via archive.

(2011-06-11, 01:21 PM)r00t3r Wrote: [ -> ]KenWeiLL, just find another plugin which works and you should be fine.
I wonder what could that be.

Which plugin are using at the moment?
Pages: 1 2