MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install script please help me make one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! For my free mybb forum host I would like to make automated installations possible. So people put in their:
Forum Name
Subdomain (URL)
Username
password
etc...
And it creates the forum for them, by installing mybb, creating a mysql database for it and setting it up, setting up the correct cookie path automatically, create my admin username and password, and create their admin username and password.
And install a few mods, like My Advertisements, guest welcome box, sidebox, newpoints, etc.

How would I go about doign this? Would I be using php?
Thank you so much guys!
I have a different question now. (I figure out the other one)
This is not an easy task since your also going to copy the whole mybb repository.
You'd have to use Brian's MyBB Multi Forums Mod.
I use a mu;tiforums mod.
I only haave one issue now.
just need help with 1 thing:
I alreday have a few subdomains that i made manually before doing the new way of doing it...
but the installation of the multiforums mod requires this code in the htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +Indexes
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.yourdomain\.com$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?([^\.]+)\.yourdomain\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) /mybb/$1 [L]

but if i put it in the testing forum i created works fine...but the previous manual forums get a 404. if i remove the code the old forums work but the new ones dont.

since there are only lke 3 old forums i need to preserve how to i manually exclude the following subdomains from the above htaccess modifications (so that both new and old forums work)...
the following subdomains need to be manually kept:
ciaragfx.shovehost.com
forum.shovehost.com
test.shovehost.com
coasterfreck.shovehost.com
techsquad.shovehost.com

that is all...

how do i do that?
TYVM for the help everyone!