MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced post editor inserts broken font tags for no reason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently my forum has started to occasionally spam people's posts and edits with highlight and font tags. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

An example of such an occurrence can be found here:

[Image: noes.png]
Is it always the same user or other users as well?
Do you have the Default Post Style plugin enabled?
I'm not sure if EVERYONE gets it but I've seen a lot of users having such incidents. I don't have any plugins by that name.
And it's always the same text that is inserted?
Is it not possible that your users just post it like that?
It can be either a font tag or a highlight tag, sometimes it will be a different font but it's almost always Tahoma.

I've had it happen to me lots of times (in fact it just happened again) so I know for sure it's not just people posting with broken tags on purpose.
Okay so I just had a revelation, it seems that that Advanced Post Editor adds in the font tags whenever you copy something into the document including links, adding images, etc.

But I'm still not sure what causes them to break like that? I'm not even sure why the post editor adds those tags in the first place.

Is there a way I can just disable the rich text editor all together?
What plugins do you have?
Signature Control, Close thread at reply count, Embed.ly support, Fit on Page, MyBB GoMobile, MyCode: MySpoiler, No Links Allowed, Profile Comments, Post Ratings (custom), Social Sites, Stop Forum Spam
I did once install http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybb-wysiwyg-editor but all the files associated with it are gone and/or replaced with their original files.
Hmm, the only plugin that can cause this, is the wysiwyg editor. Did you need to change any core files to install that plugin? Maybe you missed one when you uploaded the original files?
Editor.js and thread.js are changed but I replaced both of them with their original files. I also tried using completely fresh versions to no avail.
Can you post your url + a test account, please?
If you edit the post and remove those tags, do they still appear?
Pages: 1 2