MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.0 -> 1.6.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should I go through all the updates (1.6.0 -> 1.6.1, then 1.6.1 -> 1.6.2, and then 1.6.2 -> 1.6.3), or I can just upgrade to the latest version in one step?
Download, unzip and upload the attached changed files package, then run the upgrade script ensuring you select 1.6.0 as the original version.
[attachment=23045]
AJS, where did you get this file?
I put it together myself to upgrade a forum.
Thanx, so as I understand to upgrade to any latest version, we need to unpack all reqired updates one by one (starting with the oldest and ending with the latest, overwriting the files) in one folder, and then upload it all on the server?
No.

For example, you are on 1.6.0 now and the current version is 1.6.3, so you wanna upgrade it to 1.6.3, then download MyBB 1.6.3 unzip and upload all the fresh files and overwrite old ones.

Next goto www.yourforum.com/upgrade.php and select your Current MyBB Version" as 1.6.0 (or whatever you are running currently) and follow the upgrade process.

Next, do the manual template changes or any changes as mentioned or instructed in the latest MyBB upgrade package and there you are done.

Moral: You don't need to upgrade packages one by one to reach to the newest, but directly upgrade to the newest skipping the upgrades on in between versions.

Hope this helped.
(2011-06-11, 06:20 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]Thanx, so as I understand to upgrade to any latest version, we need to unpack all reqired updates one by one (starting with the oldest and ending with the latest, overwriting the files) in one folder, and then upload it all on the server?

Yes, that's the quickest and easiest way.

(2011-06-11, 06:39 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]No.

For example, you are on 1.6.0 now and the current version is 1.6.3, so you wanna upgrade it to 1.6.3, then download MyBB 1.6.3 unzip and upload all the fresh files and overwrite old ones.

Next goto www.yourforum.com/upgrade.php and select your Current MyBB Version" as 1.6.0 (or whatever you are running currently) and follow the upgrade process.

Next, do the manual template changes or any changes as mentioned or instructed in the latest MyBB upgrade package and there you are done.

Moral: You don't need to upgrade packages one by one to reach to the newest, but directly upgrade to the newest skipping the upgrades on in between versions.

Hope this helped.

Then you're just wasting time and resources overwriting files that haven't even been changed, as well as undoing any edits in those files. Undecided
Yes, if they have modified some core file, it isn't recommended.