MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Optimization - What it is and why to do it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-06-21, 02:52 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-21, 01:37 PM)bestblackhatforum.com Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the noob question but may i ask if this will remove something from my forum like files? is this safe 100% to do this? and how often? thanks.

I have explained everything that this does. Read the thread again.

Sorry got confused. Just done re-reading for like 5th times, and gladly i get it now. Thanks. Blush
(2011-06-10, 11:35 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that a lot of people actually know what optimizing a database does, so I'm creating this little explanation thread to make it easy to understand.

Thanks for the tutorial! I've linked to it from the wiki.
Can anyone comment on how often database optimization should be performed? Would once a week suffice for a large forum? Smile
Is it possible to make database optimization an autpmatic task?
There's no need to cross-post all around the forums. You already have a thread for this.

I'm actually asking this because I wrote a tutorial on how to do it (per your request), but I am not sure how often it should be done and I would like to provide a good example. Can anyone please comment on this?
Depends on how much overhead is generated. I'd say once a week is sufficient enough.
Thanks for confirming this Malcolm!

Also thank you for adding the link to my tutorial in yours. Toungue
No problem. Smile
This tutorial is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Nathan Malcolm
Pages: 1 2 3