MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you merge databases? After you merge 2 databases what happens to the posts, do they just appear in the forum? Can you merge databases with a database backup?
(2011-06-11, 10:56 AM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you merge databases?

You use the Merge System. Full documentation available at: [Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System].

(2011-06-11, 10:56 AM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]After you merge 2 databases what happens to the posts, do they just appear in the forum?

If you choose to import posts, yes. You can just import users or forums if you want.

(2011-06-11, 10:56 AM)Ace1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you merge databases with a database backup?

A database backup is a database, so I'm not quite sure on what you're trying to say?
What happens if the original database already have a post or a user. Will it double up?
Both will be kept, yes.
Thanks. Also, am i still allowed to use a database after i sell it. For example, i just sell a copy of the database and still want to use it. Is this allowed?
Well, if whoever buys it from you agrees with that, then sure. It's allowed.

Although in most cases (if not all), the buyer wouldn't be very happy with that.
Also, is there a way to delete multiple posts quickly after a database merge?
Use Inline Moderation.

In a thread, select all the posts you want to delete by clicking the checkbox in the top right corner of every post. When you're done selecting, delete them using inline moderation (in the bottom). You can do the same for threads too.
I mean is there a quick way to find all doubled post. Not a way to quickly delete it. Sorry for being unclear.
None that I'm aware of.
Pages: 1 2