MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: copy another mybb site threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi

i want to copy another mybb website threads into my mybb site how i can do that? is there a plugin or something?
use myBB merge system ( recent topic : merge )
(2011-06-11, 11:03 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You use the Merge System. Full documentation available at: [Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System].
not merg i want to stay mybb not going anywhere i want only copy threads another websites (i am not admin of that site) to my website? how i can do this?
^ you are not the admin of the other site AND you want to copy the threads !!
if you have the permission then get the other site's database and try merge
If you copy threads from another site that you don't own or not even an admin of, that would be called Stealing (or leaching).

MyBB never has a feature for it.

Or if you legally have database access to that site, try MyBB merge.
You'll still need to use the Merge System. And during the merge, simply select the mybb_threads table (if all you want to copy is the threads).
(2011-06-22, 11:01 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You'll still need to use the Merge System. And during the merge, simply select the mybb_threads table (if all you want to copy is the threads).

i want to copy from other site (that is not mine) so how i can do this with merg plz tell me step by step? thanks
If you don't have access to the database, then you'd have to make some sort of crawler, which as far as I know is not available.

Bottom line, you can't do it. And the admin of that forum probably wouldn't be happy to know you're copying his threads and posts!
plz help me is there any plugin or some tip so plz help me?
Pages: 1 2