MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Your request timed out. Please retry the request." When Deleting Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my forums got spam-attacked bad last night, almost 400 posts. I have the plug-in that lets me approve 1st posts of new members before they are shown to the public (Required Approval (1.0)).

So I select one, or all posts (doesn't matter) and as soon as I tell it to delete the posts it immediately goes to a white page with "Your request timed out. Please retry the request. " on it.

I've tried it with one post, and all posts, just a page of posts, all with the same results.

Everything else seems to function fine, and this function HAS worked in the past without fail.

I am running 1.6.2.

Any help would be appreciated.
TImeout errors are to do with your web host, who you will need to contact. But does the error persist if you disable the Required Approval plugin? And what other plugins do you have?
(2011-06-11, 12:09 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]TImeout errors are to do with your web host, who you will need to contact. But does the error persist if you disable the Required Approval plugin? And what other plugins do you have?

My other plugins are:

ezGallery Lite
Akismet

I haven't deactivated the Required Approval plugin because I don't want those 400 spam posts to show up on the boards, and I have had no problems previously. Maybe I will give it some time and if it is a server problem it may fix itself. I am using Godaddy hosting and every hickup I have had in the past has cleared itself, if not I may give them a call in an hour or so.

Thanks for the input.
I doubt any of those plugins is causing the issue.

Look in your server error logs. Is there anything relevant?
Yeah, it must be a server (GoDaddy) issue. I just tried posting on another of my forums and I got the same message. It has to be the server.

Thanks for the help.
And now it's working. Go figure. For some reason the "Select all 360 results in this search." won't work but at least I can do it page by page.
GoDaddy sucks.
(2011-06-11, 12:20 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy sucks.

Trying to start an argument...?

Big Grin
(2011-06-11, 12:24 PM)alleydude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-11, 12:20 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy sucks.

Trying to start an argument...?

Big Grin

It's a natural occurrence. Toungue