MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Thread Subscription- Instant Email SELECTED $instant_email_subscribe_selected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When user registers, the default option is
"Do not subscibe"

I know that users can change this, but they often wont bother.

Is there a way to change the default default option (^_^) to
"instant email notification"

I've found the template:
member_register

I could change this line
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

to this:
<option value="2" SELECTED>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

But I would rather be able to change the $instant_email_subscribe_selected String, does anyone know where this is defined ?
You can find it in usercp.php and member.php.
Although a template modification is better manageable than a core modification. And also, it's not really nice to force users to get e-mails every time there is new reply. This will actually drive people away from your forum.
Cool thanks.

Its not really a forum that will get many replies to each thread. But when they get a reply, the users will really want to know about it imediately (free legal adivice for desprate situations)

They'll still have the option to turn it off, I just think most people for the type of forum will want this on.

The tick option on the registrtion page is not actually defined in usercp.php or member.php (its only defined there if the option has already been selected):

else if($user['subscriptionmethod'] == 2){
$instant_email_subscribe_selected = "selected=\"selected\"";
}

If you want to select the option by default on registration form, you can change it in the template 'member_register', search for:
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
and change to:
<option value="2" selected="selected">{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
im trying to do this, but its not working because when i edit in the MyBB admin page it adds &nbsp; for the spaces, do this when i save the template, and dont works.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.4.