MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Closed Forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I would, if possible, make it possible to post new threads in Closed Forums, for admins and moderators only.

If not, could it be so I can edit threads IN the closed forums?

Thanks,
Waterbird.
You can edit closed forums normally no? And just make a forum admins, mods, and super mods, only so they can only post threads.
Instead of closing the forum, you should use permissions. Disable all users from posting and creating threads except for admins and mods.
No, it's like I gotta re-open the forum to post a thread in it, then re-close it.

When I try and edit a thread IN the closed forum, it says I'm not allowed too.

Any suggestions?
Did you see my suggestion above?
I saw your suggesting above, but if you had seen my thread title, Closed forums, I want my forums closed, I'm not going to take your suggestion, but thanks for suggesting it.

Any ideas?
I did see your thread title, sir. And I understand very clearly what you want.

Technically, if you take my suggestion, the forum will be closed as no-one besides admins and mods (or whichever usergroups you want) will be able to create threads and post. Otherwise, this is not possible without a plugin or a core edit.
Faviouz, I would like my, well that certain forum closed, meaning? with the forum closed icon.

If your suggestion implements the use of the forum closed icon, like that the mybb default does when you close a forum, it puts the closed forum icon, I can proceed to supervene your suggestion.
Bump?
Bump??
If you want more than what faviouz has already suggested, you'll need a plugin.