MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently in MyBB it's possible to quote a person and reply to the thread via Quick Reply without reloading the page.

This is achieved by using the multiquote button and then clicking the link that appears in the quick reply box.

I'd like a plugin made that will change the Reply button on the postbit to do that automatically, like in other forum software.

Which means clicking reply automatically inserts the text to quote in the quick reply box, via AJAX, and with only one click.

Seeing as MyBB already has partial functionality in this regard, I think it shouldn't be too hard for a dev to create this.

Any takers? Thoughts?
I have something for this which we have been using on our community board. I just need to update it a little. It does what you want + you have the option to select the text you want to quote and only quote that.

Will see that I can do it today or tomorrow.
(2011-06-11, 09:06 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]I have something for this which we have been using on our community board. I just need to update it a little. It does what you want + you have the option to select the text you want to quote and only quote that.

Will see that I can do it today or tomorrow.

Alright, that will be cool Big Grin Thanks man!
Any updates on your progress?
(2011-06-13, 06:19 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on your progress?

I'm tying up some loose ends. Smile Will release it within a few hours, although it will take a while longer to activate it on the mod site Smile
(2011-06-13, 06:26 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-13, 06:19 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on your progress?

I'm tying up some loose ends. Smile Will release it within a few hours, although it will take a while longer to activate it on the mod site Smile

Cool, that will be awesome! Smile