MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I want a multi-step registration process. Which means, after the initial registration page, when the users clicks on "Submit", they should be taken to another page which would ask them to fill up some other details. I can have this in an iframe, since this is another part of the website. This part would require some info from the registration process, like the mybb userid, etc which I can get once the user hits "Submit".

What would be the right direction to go about to achieve something like this? Use the member_do_register_end hook?

Any pointers would be appreciated Smile
The member_do_register_end hook should work, but can't you just make use of the Custom Profile Fields? These will be shown on the registration page though, along with the regular registration fields.
you can add custom fields within the registration form !! isn't that suffice..
../admin/index.php?module=config-profile_fields
Well actually, there's another tool which we have been using since before we are using MyBB. (something like a specific profile). Presently, we ask users to fill it up separately and update their profile on mybb with the link ( for this we use the custom fields you mentioned ). But this is very confusing for new users. The best way would be to merge the system. Once the user registers on the forum, they get an additional screen which opens that tool ( maybe in an iframe? ) I can use the registration details to fill in the essentials in that tool ( i.e create a user there, and open the edit page in an iframe). Of course, the user can skip this if he wants. But this is way more intuitive than what we use now!

Just edit the content that has the register and make it transport to another page which has the content. You will need to integrate the page into the forum but you can do that with a plugin, hope this helped you.
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help.. I made a plugin for this. Redirected users post registration to a page which had an iframe with the content we wanted to display! Smile