MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clicking in description area goes to /undefined directory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem: When you click on a description it sends the client to an unknown directory (/undefined)

URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://warmcup.net/forums/

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB): New installation (v1.6)
Forum is pointing me to 404 page.
Sorry, fixed link.

Thanks
This is a bug with the theme. I tried the live demo at Audentio and it's also throwing me an error when you click the trow (or the description area, as you call it). A JavaScript is causing the issue, which originally was supposed to redirect you to the forum, but is misredirecting you to a non existent URL. I will contact Audentio about this in a moment.

In order to fix this, you can temporarily remove the following from /jscripts/dark/script.js (as I'm not sure what the flaw in the script is):

$("table tbody.forums tr").each(function() {
	$(this).click(function() {
		fid =  $(this).attr("id").match(/\d+/);
		document.location.href =  $("tr#forum_" + fid).find("td strong a:first").attr("href");
	});
});

In script.js, replace
With
fid =  $(this).attr("id").match(/\d+/)[0];

Also, in 'headerinclude' below this:
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script> 
add
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>
Thank you all, but Aries-Belgium came out with the best answer and fixed this problem.

Many thanks, WarmCup.
I need to learn some JavaScript (and regex), or I'll keep falling behind. Toungue

I sent Audentio a message about this, so expect an update to the theme soon.
(2011-06-12, 05:56 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I need to learn some JavaScript (and regex), or I'll keep falling behind. Toungue

You were able to find where the problem was located. That's also pretty good already Wink

@WCAdam: you're welcome.
Hey guys, yes I tested it briefly and it worked fine for me. But that will fix it, thank you Aries-Belgium and faviouz for letting me know. We will repackage it up with a fix once we add Dark Flame and Dark Forrest to the theme files.
(2011-06-12, 05:42 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bug with the theme. I tried the live demo at Audentio and it's also throwing me an error when you click the trow (or the description area, as you call it). A JavaScript is causing the issue, which originally was supposed to redirect you to the forum, but is misredirecting you to a non existent URL. I will contact Audentio about this in a moment.

In order to fix this, you can temporarily remove the following from /jscripts/dark/script.js (as I'm not sure what the flaw in the script is):

$("table tbody.forums tr").each(function() {
	$(this).click(function() {
		document.location.href =  $("tr#forum_" + fid).find("td strong a:first").attr("href");
	});
});

This Information Was Good ..I Wasn't Using That Theme but had a problem in another theme called Dark Ice where it did the same and by removing ..well i just comment it out and walah it fix the undefined issue