MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto-Subscribe To Topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I set my forum so that all new members are automatically subscribed for email notifications to topics they post in unless they go into their Options and change that?
For Auto subscribe: Go to: ACP > Templates > Member Templates > member_register template > and find;
<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
and change it to;
<option value="0" selected="selected" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>

Similarly change it in User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options template.

---
If you want to make it permanent to every user must get email notified, then use the following code;
<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="2" />
Oh ok, so the first code change you posted will make it so that email notifications are the default setting but they can change it after they signup.

The second code change you showed will make it so that the email notifications are default and they cannot change it ever, correct?

Also, if I make the first code change will that change it for all users that are already members or just for new people who signup?
(2011-06-12, 05:27 PM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, so the first code change you posted will make it so that email notifications are the default setting but they can change it after they signup.

The second code change you showed will make it so that the email notifications are default and they cannot change it ever, correct?
Yes, its correct.

(2011-06-12, 05:27 PM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if I make the first code change will that change it for all users that are already members or just for new people who signup?
That is for new users, You've to run the following query in phpmyadmin for all existing users;
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = "2"