MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can someone code this plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the first plugin, what I need is a way for users to find other members with same interest, below is the complete list of different skills( interest)

Arts 
Music
Film
Business 
Finance
Computers 
Web 
 internet
Entertainment
Fan 
Fanclup
Forums
Games 
 Fun
Health 
 Beauty
Hobbies 
Crafts
Home 
Pets
Garden
MyBB Research
 Development Support
Science 
Technology
Shopping
Society 
News
Sports 
Outdoors
Toplist
 Topsites
Tourism 
Hotels
Web Design
Themes
Webmaster Resources

This plugin will basically create a "quiz" and the members can choose multiple skills or just one, the point is that they select something from the list it could be one thing or several things, they are not limited to the numbers of skills they can select, after selecting their skills it will match the members with other members who have selected similar things, for example, John selects "themes and sports" and another members henry selects "themes and toplist", the matching list will point out the name of the person with similar interest or in some situations a list of several members with same interest and the list will also point out which interest they have in common Big Grin

This is basically to match members with people with the same interest, do you understand?
I would imagine it's pretty simple plugin(even I can imagine some basic way of setting it up). Try contacting some of the bigger names for plugins directly may get you a faster response.

I think the hardest part would be making it easy to select mutliple interests in any easy way in less it's a system where you like select and add one at a time.
How about just using a select box like the additional usergroups box in the ACP? Yaldalram would probably be interested in doing this Smile
I send a PM to yaldalrm.
Yes, go with Yaldaram. And I'm not going to assume anything just yet, but your idea is seeming quite similar to my forum. Hmm.....
That's only the first plugin, after the first plugin is established everything changes, but the first plugin is base to the site, their will be 2 or 1 more plugin after this, trust me my site will be nothing like your! so you can rest calmly.
(2011-06-13, 06:05 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]How about just using a select box like the additional usergroups box in the ACP? Yaldalram would probably be interested in doing this Smile

Because the list is so long I think it would be a pain.
True that.
Yaldaram, one of the most knowledgeable MyBB guys around, try him. Wink
That's what i'm doing now.
Pages: 1 2