MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit What A Mod or Super Mod can do.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I edit what a mod or super mod can or can't do? For example, I want them to be able to ban but not search IP, or search IP but not ban, or ban but not be able to delete other threads that they didn't make.

Also, what can they even do now?

MyBB tells me I can have mods and supermods, but then it doesn't tell me what they even can do.
Mods have moderation powers on specific forums (to be specified by you) while Super Mods have moderation powers on all forums.

In order to edit the mods usergroup's permissions, you go to Admin CP > Users & Groups > Groups > Moderators. Then choose what they can do by playing with the settings.
(2011-06-13, 12:15 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Mods have moderation powers on specific forums (to be specified by you) while Super Mods have moderation powers on all forums.

In order to edit the mods usergroup's permissions, you go to Admin CP > Users & Groups > Groups > Moderators. Then choose what they can do by playing with the settings.

It doesn't really give me anything but general choices. It doesn't me choose if I can restrict them from banning or anything like that.
I don't think that's possible by default. There's a plugin which extends forum permissions, but it doesn't include what you want:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-93965.html