MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reporting Private Messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. First of all, since this is my first post, I'd like to give a friendly wave to everyone here.

Second, while I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum/room for this, I've read the stickies and I believe it it on the grounds that, yes, I am reporting an "issue" with MyBB.com, I'm making a suggestion for the community forums (if it's not already implemented), and this does concern policies and rules.

Onward to the subject that brought me here.

I just registered today on this site because I intend to use MyBB in the near future. Well, just a while ago (a few hours after registering) I got a PM. I came here, thinking it might be a "delayed" welcome message or something, since no one knows me here, but... no. It was a spam message, saying it's some girl who would like to meet me, and stuff.

Obviously, I looked for a "report" button... but, maybe I'm blind, truth is I can't find one.

So, first, a question: can you report PMs with MyBB? If so, how?

If not, a suggestion: could you, please, implement such a feature?

Regardless of the above, here's another question. Assuming there's no report button, how can I report the PM I got? Should I just delete and forget?

Thanks in advance Smile
Reporting a PM isn't a feature currently; you can either forward it to a staff member or post a thread in the Private Inquiries forum. If you report it in one of these ways we can just ban the spammer Smile
There is no report PM feature in the core MyBB, there's probably a plugin for it though.

As for the spam you recieved, forward it to a staff member or post in Private Inquires.
Done. I've FWed the PM to MattRogowski.

Thank you for the (incredibly) quick response Smile
Spammer is gone Smile Turned out they'd sent out 24 PMs. Apologies that your first experience here was receiving some spam!! Hopefully it won't happen again Smile
I think this needs to be a core feature tbh, maybe in 2.0?
(2011-06-15, 06:24 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]I think this needs to be a core feature tbh, maybe in 2.0?

Just what i was going to suggest, maybe the devs could add it in to 2.0 and have it work a similar way to the report posts.
(2011-06-15, 07:14 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-15, 06:24 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]I think this needs to be a core feature tbh, maybe in 2.0?

Just what i was going to suggest, maybe the devs could add it in to 2.0 and have it work a similar way to the report posts.

If it weren't too hard, could it get in the 1.6 series? Angel
1.6 is feature locked. Sad sadface
(2011-06-16, 10:52 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]1.6 is feature locked. Sad sadface

Not really. They've released new features before, (In 1.4) And Tom said he is all for improving 1.6.