MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Profile Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Considering that members need to make a couple clicks to see their own profile and that there is a real easy and obvious way for a quick profile link I'm going to suggest this into MyBB.

One quick line change is all it takes for the Welcome Back text to have it as a profile link.

In global.php.

Change this:
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, $mybb->user['username'], $lastvisit);

To this:
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, build_profile_link($mybb->user['username'], $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);

That's it. Now the "Welcome Back, labrocca" has my username as a profile link. A very tiny change for a simple effective benefit. Please consider.

I would quite like to see this in a future update to the 1.6 series. Smile
It's just one line in global so they could do this next update easily if members supported it.
Personally I think it's a good idea.
may be its better to add Poll for this type of suggestions.

instead of repeating "a good idea", visiting members to this
topic might be interested in clicking a poll option...
(2011-06-13, 08:42 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]may be its better to add Poll for this type of suggestions.

instead of repeating "a good idea", visiting members to this
topic might be interested in clicking a poll option...

We don't care Smile

I think it's a good idea as well, though my theme currently has it implemented by a template edit. Scoutie44 is quite the foreseeing one Wink
I'm all for improving 1.6., but is this really an improvement?
I definitely think it is. A usability (or navigation) improvement.
I did something similar on my forum but edited the language strings.
Not to be too semantic about it but I didn't call it an improvement.

Quote:A very tiny change for a simple effective benefit.

Pages: 1 2 3