MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Mark All Forums Read" link missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a custom theme on my site where I had the "Mark All Forums Read" link at the top of my page, as well as at the bottom. It was there for a long time until I recently changed my links due to the "Authorization code mismatch" error.

So in my templates, header_welcomeblock_member and index_boardstats I changed the code to

<a href="misc.php?action=markread&my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$lang->markread}</a>
(which is what this link specified to do.)

Now, I'm only getting the link in the stats template (at the bottom), but not at the top in the header_welcomeblock_member template.

I already double-checked the spelling, I even copied from the stats template and pasted it into the welcome block template, but still nothing shows.

[edit]
I just did a little bit more research and I found that the actual link tags are there, but the text "Mark All Forums Read" is what is actually missing. This means that for some reason {$lang->markread} is not getting converted to it's actual text.
Nobody knows?
{$lang->markread} won't work in the header by default. If it was working before you upgraded, you must have done something to make it work.

Either hard code the text into the template or add the following to global.lang.php:
$l['markread'] = "Mark All Forums Read";
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I just went and hard-coded it in.