MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change position of AJAX shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how to change position of AJAX shoutbox. i.e I want to move its position to top of my forums and want to display it on all forum pages. ??
1. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Index Page Templates > index.

2. Find and remove:

{myshoutbox}

3. Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Your Template Set > Header Templates > header.

4. Find:

<navigation>

5. Add afterwards:

<br />
{myshoutbox}
Thanks for this modification
But, here's a problem. It is shown globally. I want to show it only on Index
(2011-06-13, 10:59 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]how to change position of AJAX shoutbox. i.e I want to move its position to top of my forums and want to display it on all forum pages. ??

You said you wanted it globally.
(2011-06-15, 11:24 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-13, 10:59 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]how to change position of AJAX shoutbox. i.e I want to move its position to top of my forums and want to display it on all forum pages. ??

You said you wanted it globally.

He want it to be shown globally. I don't.
Remove the shoutbox variable from your 'header' template and put it below the '{$header}' in the 'index' template.
(2011-06-16, 09:03 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the shoutbox variable from your 'header' template and put it below the '{$header}' in the 'index' template.

Yeah. I got it already and came here to inform in the thread that i got it. But thanks to you
Sorry, I didn't realize you were a different user.
(2011-06-16, 11:30 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I didn't realize you were a different user.

No problem, that happens sometimes
thanks guys that was quite easy Smile
Pages: 1 2