MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shop MyBB Coming to a Close
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was thinking about selling a theme that i had recently coded on Shop MyBB so i thought why not visit and see what the process is..... so i visit and see that Shop MyBB is closing - which is a shock.

From what i understand, it was only announced to be close 4 days ago.

From reading what Imaad has said, to my understanding, not many people were happy with this idea / website. How? I think that it is a fantastic website and a fantastic idea!

I am shocked that it is coming to a close and thing it should be kept open. It has allowed a lot of people to sell their products and kick start themselves in creating some great projects.

You can read more at http://shopmybb.com/closure

What are everyone's thoughts about this?
I think the big problem is that not many people were actually buying off it. Paid plugins/themes and mybb are always a bit of an argument starter. A lot of people aren't willing to pay as they think everything should be free like the software.

As things weren't selling as much as developers wished, they stopped releasing them on the platform and moved to other methods instead to maximise income. It's hardly surprising, though it is a shame.
Pathetic ,really,i really have been looking it since few months,though no updates its one good mybb site.

@euan well said,every one needs everything free and even me,but there are certain things that needs a small token of gratitude.,really though for the hard work behind it.

See the vb and ipb themes they will be sold at prices not less than $100 which in mybb will be just @10-20$,!!!!!,that too with quality :|

I wish shop stays back,as from now more content will be showcased,coz mybb is developing and gaining attention.
I just noticed 2 days ago, I was hoping to sale something over there on the future...
Aw, I was hoping he'd at least be willing to pass it on to someone else to manage. Sadface. Sad
(2011-06-14, 11:28 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, I was hoping he'd at least be willing to pass it on to someone else to manage. Sadface. Sad

I highly agree with that. I think many people would love to continue the project.
ShopMyBB in itself isn't a bad idea; yet, there's no real target audience.

MyBB in itself is a fairly small number of people - and only a tiny fraction of MyBB's users would be willing to pay for ANYTHING. Take that into proportion, in addition to the fact that I don't believe Imaad spent a major effort advertising ShopMyBB (at least anywhere outside of the MyBB Community), and there isn't much left.

(2011-06-14, 02:06 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]ShopMyBB in itself isn't a bad idea; yet, there's no real target audience.

MyBB in itself is a fairly small number of people - and only a tiny fraction of MyBB's users would be willing to pay for ANYTHING. Take that into proportion, in addition to the fact that I don't believe Imaad spent a major effort advertising ShopMyBB (at least anywhere outside of the MyBB Community), and there isn't much left.

True that, I mean, he should have bought ad space on the other great communities as Yaldarams, Nickmans and Labroca's websites.
Besides MyBB they hold the greatest audiences and all of them contain fair enough people who are willing to spend a dime.
(2011-06-14, 02:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-14, 02:06 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]ShopMyBB in itself isn't a bad idea; yet, there's no real target audience.

True that, I mean, he should have bought ad space on the other great communities as Yaldarams, Nickmans and Labroca's websites.
Besides MyBB they hold the greatest audiences and all of them contain fair enough people who are willing to spend a dime.

I'm pretty sure he did buy ad space on many of the large MyBB-related forums. I know he advertised the hell out of it.
(2011-06-14, 05:39 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-14, 02:59 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm pretty sure he did buy ad space on many of the large MyBB-related forums. I know he advertised the hell out of it.

Then it proves even more so there was a general lack of interest in a ShopMyBB type of site.
Pages: 1 2 3 4