MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Leaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm suggesting that we have Forum Leaders. All this does is lets Administrators set a specific user to be the leader of a group (toggle if it's shown publically [Their leadership]). They can stick/unstick threads and close/open threads.

I don't feel the need to give these members Moderator just to have these permissions.
Your post is confusing, you're asking to have "Forum Leaders", then you're saying they could be set to be a leader of a group, and can "stick/unstick threads and close/open threads"! To me from what you're suggesting, you're "talking" about 2 different things, one being a forum leader who would have control over forums (which is what Moderators can already have), then a "group leader" which going by the title, leads a "group". If (according to your first post) someone is made a "group leader", that person would have control of his/her groups' members', thus having control of all the forums!

I'm not explaining this all that well, but from what I'm reading you want someone to "lead" a group and have control over all that groups posts.....Just imagine a forum that has several thousands members in one particular group having to control with posts in numerous forums.....When each forum could have moderators controlling individual forums.....Like things are now!
So your idea is to double up on moderator-esque permissions?