MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrap Classic Postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
site: www.vampirecounts.net

I would like to wrap the classic postbit, so longer names do not change the size of the postbit.

However when I remove the nowrap from the classic postbit template, it then aligns everything to the left, and nothing I do will put it back in the centre.

Anyone know how to wrap the classic posbit, and still keep everything aligned in the centre?

Cheers!
No one ever replied to this, and I still have this issue. Can anyone help please?
In the showthread_classic_header template:

<td class="tcat" width="15%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->author}</strong></span></td>

and the postbit_classic template:

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">

Try changing the 15% in both places to something higher, maybe even a fixed width.
Do I just insert that, or overwrite an existing line?
That code is already in the templates, you just need to change the widths to something wider.
The problem is that will not wrap the text will it, due to the nowrap code?

I am using the classic version with the profile on the left. Some users (such as myself) have long usernames, so I need username to wrap and go down to the second line if it is too long, rather than extending the profile box.
Oh yeah, you may need to take off the nowrap too, but the width will still probably need increasing too.
That's the problem though, when I take off the nowrap, everything suddenly aligns to the left. I then try to make it go to the centre but it won't. That's my conundrum! xd
Any help with this as well please?
Though this is an old post, I'd like to see if there is a solution for this. Can I use the justify tag in a div?
Pages: 1 2