MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: simplexml_load_file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My inbox is getting spammed under with the following message:

Type: 2
File: inc/plugins/stopforumspam.php (Line no. 136)
simplexml_load_file(http://[email protected]&username=battle123123) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: Operation timed out

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reno
I'm guessing the stopforumspam.com site is down or not responding quick enough. You could temporarily disable the plugin to stop the error.

EDIT: Yeah, the site is down for now. It quite often has this issue - hence why I prefer Fassim Anti-Spam: http://mods.mybb.com/view/fassim-anitspam
Hello,

The fact is that I'm using stopforumspam cause it shows an error when a known spammer is trying to get access to my forum. I'm not shure if fassim does the same..

Regards,
Reno
Fassim blocks the spammer Smile I'm not sure why you'd only want to show a message. It's up to you, but that's what's causing the problem.
That is cause some are false positive.,

I've got a huge gaming community with users that could use weird details,, so it would be nicer if it shows an error message.

I could try to modify the source my own,,

Thanks for your help!
(2011-06-14, 07:33 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

The fact is that I'm using stopforumspam cause it shows an error when a known spammer is trying to get access to my forum. I'm not shure if fassim does the same..

Regards,
Reno

Fassim will show an error to the registering user telling them why they can't register. For false positives, I've used the other and had more false positive using it because there are to many people submitting false data to their database.

I run multiple huge auto forums and Fassim is the only thing that use, before I was using the other and I had nothing but complaints that they could not register, that is the main reason we created Fassim.