MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Sci Fi Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've recently finished the new look for the boards and was looking for some helpful feedback as well as any comments about the site in general.

My Sci Fi Online is a a great source for all thing sci fi, topics cover movies, TV shows, video games, books, and more. If it's part of the universe of sci fi we'll be talking about it.

My Sci Fi Online
The forum looks nice, but I'm a little confused by the forums. You have General Sci Fi Discussion and The Living Room. These seem to overlap, as to others. This is true of other forums too. Maybe you could improve your descriptions for each forum.
how did you that colour change things?
(2011-06-18, 12:49 PM)kira1 Wrote: [ -> ]how did you that colour change things?

He bought a NanoSkinners theme.
(2011-06-18, 05:12 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]The forum looks nice, but I'm a little confused by the forums. You have General Sci Fi Discussion and The Living Room. These seem to overlap, as to others. This is true of other forums too. Maybe you could improve your descriptions for each forum.
Thank you for your feedback, I've set the General section would be for just that, General discussion for scifi and the other section for off topic stuff. The Living Room is to represent TV shows and the like. I'm going to relook over the descriptions so it would be easy to understand what each section is representing.
(2011-06-19, 05:14 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-18, 12:49 PM)kira1 Wrote: [ -> ]how did you that colour change things?

He bought a NanoSkinners theme.
Yes that is correct and money well spent.

Thank you all for the feedback and if anyone else has any please let me know.
We currently have broken the 500 post mark

Our members have made a total of 526 posts in 139 threads.
We currently have 31 members registered.

Continuing to grow at a great pace, come on over and join in Big Grin
We've started a referral contest for some great prizes.

Announcement
Sci-Fi forums should have dark coloured themes.

Also you should have your friends "fill it up" with useful and detailed threads pertaining to the subject, i.e content. If you advertise empty forums it will do no good, so only start the promotion campaign when you're done with the HW. This is just a tip.

Besides that I'd suggest adding an announcement section and a support one as well. Also kudos for being the first forum starter that has the least amount of forum sections (Which is a great thing)
(2011-08-08, 04:03 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Sci-Fi forums should have dark coloured themes.

Also you should have your friends "fill it up" with useful and detailed threads pertaining to the subject, i.e content. If you advertise empty forums it will do no good, so only start the promotion campaign when you're done with the HW. This is just a tip.

Besides that I'd suggest adding an announcement section and a support one as well. Also kudos for being the first forum starter that has the least amount of forum sections (Which is a great thing)

Currently in work of adding more sci fi elements into the theme, wanted something that was pleasing to the eyes while drawing attention to it. There are some other sci fi forums that have a light theme as well.

We are actually coming close to hitting 1,000 posts soon so we're not concerned with empty sections.

We also have an announcement section and within that is our support section.

Thank you, that was one of the first things we did was have the minimal of boards to not seem cluttered and empty.

(2011-08-08, 06:27 PM)mrbook Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-08, 04:03 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Sci-Fi forums should have dark coloured themes.

Currently in work of adding more sci fi elements into the theme, wanted something that was pleasing to the eyes while drawing attention to it. There are some other sci fi forums that have a light theme as well.

We are actually coming close to hitting 1,000 posts soon so we're not concerned with empty sections.

We also have an announcement section and within that is our support section.

Thank you, that was one of the first things we did was have the minimal of boards to not seem cluttered and empty.

My bad just noticed it. I suggest you move it upwards, and even possibly make a category for it. Your call.
Pages: 1 2