MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: huge board: phpBB2 --> mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
this is a rather large board with over 200,000 members, I have gotten through the member merge (took around 3 days) now I'm at the post merge, and am getting this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/****
/public_html/mybb/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 428

there are a few threads with over 1000 posts, I'd like to know what I could do to finish the merge, highly looking forward to using mybb, so any help would be appreciated!
You ran out of memory, contact your host about this.
I realize this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue.. doing a dry run of 8700 users from phpBB2 to myBB. The php memory was set to 32M, it was increased to 256M and it is still giving the on the increased memory:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261909 bytes) in /home/wkdwich/public_html/mybb/merge/resources/class_debug.php on line 197 

the previous error using the 32M was:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 135952 bytes) in /home/wkdwich/public_html/mybb/merge/resources/class_debug.php on line 100 

On the 32M run it imported 580 users of the 8700 and the 256M run it imported far less - only 420
I do have the latest version of the merge program, everything up to the stall on the user import was fine.
I do have MANY MODS in the phpBB2
I copied the phpBB2 database and was running the dry run on the copied file

I did back up the myBB db, and restored it before running merge again with 256M

----------------
restored the DB again, upped php limit to 512M
restarted merge
reduced the amount of users to import at a time to 250
set it to NOT auto proceed
it hung for a while @ 148
I paused it
resumed and it went all the way to 626 this time and stopped.
clicked pause, then rseume
and it just sits there..
250 users are importing right now. There are 8,408 users left to import and 34 pages left.

Loading data from database...
after about 90 seconds the page "finishes loading" but nothing on the screen changes
Which value did you edit in php.ini? It should be php_value memory_limit
Are you putting all 8700 in as a single shot? You need to input a lower number. Such as the standard 1000. If you're using that, then try 750... then 500... etc... until it works. Really though 1000 should work.
(2012-01-08, 03:14 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you putting all 8700 in as a single shot? You need to input a lower number. Such as the standard 1000. If you're using that, then try 750... then 500... etc... until it works. Really though 1000 should work.

I did lower it to 500 then 250.. I am beginning to think it is hanging now on a particular user

restore myBB db
ran merge using 500 and it made the first pass then hung again
Quote:500 users are importing right now. There are 8,158 users left to import and 17 pages left.

Loading data from database...

I have the pause button and I pause and continue and thats it.. page loads for about 90 seconds nothing changes nothing happens

so now my question is.. what order is the import performed?? I just went back and forth between the 2 databases and can't quite get a hold of which would be the next user trying to be imported that it is hanging on

I do see one user who has a ! in the user name.. would that cause an issue?
welll bingo.. it was a tough find but I removed the next user (phpBB db next userID) and I have now moved along.

I see absolutely nothing unusual about this users info.. no odd characters or anything..

exported the users from the myBB db into excel
exported the users from the phpBB2 db into excel
sorted by user ID and now I could see who was next in line.. I saw she has not logged in an years so I deleted her and now I am at 7 pages to go @ 500 per page
Can I ask why the usrID is not retained from the phpBB2 to myBB ?? I havent gotten to importing posts yet, I hope it does not cross posts and users.. (never mind I see a column now added - import_uid)

OK last page.. not I get:
Quote:2 users are importing right now. There are 0 users left to import and 0 pages left.

I have the PAUSE & NEXT buttons
PAUSE takes me back to Module Selection, RESUME again and same thing..
NEXT just reloads the page with the same message
Because you deleted a user the count is off.

And the merge renumbers everything because its designed to "merge" boards, not just convert them. So it'll avoid duplicate numbers.
(2012-01-08, 04:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Because you deleted a user the count is off.

And the merge renumbers everything because its designed to "merge" boards, not just convert them. So it'll avoid duplicate numbers.

Oakie got that..

Now I am stuck on the last page of importing users:

2 users are importing right now. There are 0 users left to import and 0 pages left.

poking around in an export of mybb_users to excel of the users merged from phpBB2 and I see at least 2 people with wierd stuff in their sig's that just might be making a mess.. I will tweak up their sig's and do one more dry run..

what I do not see if the "location" field being merged.. ah but thats a custom profile field in myBB that I added.. is there any means to get that merged also from the phpBB?
wooooohhooooo.. after some major tweaking to my user list, 3 more dry runs.. wooohoo.. I have all but 10 users moved over.. I'll have a few try and log in to make sure their accounts work properly.. the forums, threads & posts came thru no problem at all. I never allowed attachments so that was no issue.. the place I had an issue was the permissions.. but thats fine I need to learn how they get set here and I wanted to make some changes anyway.. the error I got was:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in public_html/mybb/merge/boards/phpbb2/forumperms.php on line 90

THANK YOU!!!!
You should merge large forums localhost not on a remote server. It will be more efficient and safer. Once you've completed the merge you can upload the completed database.
(2012-01-08, 05:23 AM)wkdwich Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-08, 04:19 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Because you deleted a user the count is off.

Oakie got that..

Now I am stuck on the last page of importing users:

2 users are importing right now. There are 0 users left to import and 0 pages left.

poking around in an export of mybb_users to excel of the users merged from phpBB2 and I see at least 2 people with wierd stuff in their sig's that just might be making a mess.. I will tweak up their sig's and do one more dry run..

what I do not see if the "location" field being merged.. ah but thats a custom profile field in myBB that I added.. is there any means to get that merged also from the phpBB?
wooooohhooooo.. after some major tweaking to my user list, 3 more dry runs.. wooohoo.. I have all but 10 users moved over.. I'll have a few try and log in to make sure their accounts work properly.. the forums, threads & posts came thru no problem at all. I never allowed attachments so that was no issue.. the place I had an issue was the permissions.. but thats fine I need to learn how they get set here and I wanted to make some changes anyway.. the error I got was:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in public_html/mybb/merge/boards/phpbb2/forumperms.php on line 90

THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks for the bug report. [Issue #1893]
Pages: 1 2 3 4