MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ReCaptcha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
that is interesting Nucaptcha new!
How effective are the "click all the pictures of the dogs" programs? Are they any more effective than recaptcha?
I think the problem is that they are not essentially secure as they dont provide a "live" security feature as such. In addition many captcha platforms are measured on "time to solve". With these, the time to solve is long as with recaptcha. I read something about recaptcha being 14 seconds to solve and picture captchas being even higher in some cases. I guess it comes down to usability, security and ease of installation.
I think so cause on modification I assurance I did notice few many research sites not work many people tried not confirm not work update I wonder development
(2011-06-15, 12:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If we implement reCaptcha, we'll all have to start sitting upside down when using MyBB.

Toungue

We thought about adding reCaptcha to 1.6 but decided not to in the end, due to time I think... there's a fair chance of seeing reCaptcha in 2.0.
That's very cool!
Since 2.0 is still early in development, there's a good chance that we will see ReCaptcha in 2.0; but that might change later on.
(2011-06-15, 12:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If we implement reCaptcha, we'll all have to start sitting upside down when using MyBB.

Toungue

We thought about adding reCaptcha to 1.6 but decided not to in the end, due to time I think... there's a fair chance of seeing reCaptcha in 2.0.

Looooooooool Matt.

ReCAPTCHA is harder to solve for a bot but only the first word matters. (The "click all the X objects" things are just dumb. XD)
If you do use Recaptcha in 2.0, please set the test to "Lord Inglip"
(2011-06-17, 03:44 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]If you do use Recaptcha in 2.0, please set the test to "Lord Inglip"

*Like.
Pages: 1 2