MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing Administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thinking about that, he probably is. This is where I fear things get difficult.

When we transferred hosts to set up the new forum he invited himself to start building the forum. Thus the forum database and etc is in his name, likely all stored on his computer.

As far as i can tell.. i'm going to need to backup the whole forum + database, delete the site. Reinstall MyBB via my computer, then upload the database + backup...

Will that even work? I'm never having a co-admin again.
If you PM your admin details I'll help you get this whole thing sorted. Or if you'd rather, you can PM your MSN and we can talk. I've been in your position before and it sucks really bad, I'd like to help you out of it.
I highly doubt it'll be stored on his computer... who actually initially physically installed the forum?? You or him??
He did. He jumped the gun when we were moving host.

I can only assume that this could look bad. but I still have access to the previous forum showing I am the original admin for the site before we moved to the new domain and new forum software (MyBB) where he "took over" without asking.

Something I now very much regret.
I just attempted to delete this thread but apparently I don't have the capabilities to do so. Though it says i apparently may be suspended?

I now have the answers I was looking for. Requesting thread deletion.
(2011-06-15, 06:06 PM)CorrodedTemplar Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking about that, he probably is. This is where I fear things get difficult.

Technically, no. If you can edit /inc/config.php you can simply remove the "1" there and insert your own user ID.
(2011-06-16, 03:39 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-15, 06:06 PM)CorrodedTemplar Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking about that, he probably is. This is where I fear things get difficult.

Technically, no. If you can edit /inc/config.php you can simply remove the "1" there and insert your own user ID.

Him and I talked this through via PM, everything should be solved now.
(2011-06-15, 07:22 PM)CorrodedTemplar Wrote: [ -> ]I now have the answers I was looking for. Requesting thread deletion.

Not a good idea as this thread could help many others as well, i don't think the staff will delete it.
Sorry to be bumping an old thread, but I am finding I may be in a similar situation soon.

Would it not be possible to just revoke the other Admin's permissions, assuming they are set up with "individual permissions"?

This would then remove them from admin status and deny entry to the ACP Huh
(2013-08-12, 09:14 PM)bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be bumping an old thread, but I am finding I may be in a similar situation soon.

Would it not be possible to just revoke the other Admin's permissions, assuming they are set up with "individual permissions"?

This would then remove them from admin status and deny entry to the ACP Huh

If you want to remove someone from admin status, just remove them from the admin group.
(2013-08-12, 09:16 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to remove someone from admin status, just remove them from the admin group.

Wood, trees, blind Cool
Sometimes we make it too difficult for ourselves. Ta!
Pages: 1 2