MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum seems to have collapsed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear MyBB,

Please I need help with my forum N. de T. www.ndet.org

There is no way I can start it, and get the same message all the members get:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1044 - Access denied for user 'ndet'@'%' to database 'ndet'
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database
Please contact the MyBB Group for support

Your help is appreciated!
Au
You need to check your database settings in /inc/config.php . Although if it just stopped working out of the blue, you'll need to contact your host.
(2011-06-15, 10:26 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]You need to check your database settings in /inc/config.php . Although if it just stopped working out of the blue, you'll need to contact your host.

Thank you, Aries. Apparently it is a problem with ICDSoft, but they are helping me solve it.

Thanks!!!
Dear MyBB geeks,

My forum is now up and running. It was a problem with ICDSoft (as you had suggested) but it's solved now.

Now I have another problem: I have not updated the version of my forum: I am stuck in a version that has many problems (MyBB 1.4.4 I read many complains in the forum) and do not know if I can upgrade to the newest version available or if I have to do it one by one.

If I can go directly from my version to the newest, what's the best way to do it?

Thanks!
Yes, you can upgrade to the latest version.

1. Close your board

2. Make a backup of the MyBB files and database

3. Deactivate all plugins

4. Download MyBB latest and overwrite your current MyBB files with the ones from the zip

5. Run the upgrade script ( www.yourforum.com/install/upgrade.php )