MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require Thread Prefixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Foreword: Well I made this originally for subscribers of mybbforums.com, but that fell apart and I've gotten several requests for this plugin since then, so I've decided to just update it and release it to the MyBB community for free! Big Grin

What it does: This plugin will allow board admins to specify certain forums that require all new threads to have a prefix attached to them. Very simple, very straightforward, very easy to use. The .zip file includes a readme that will tell you how to install it just in case.

Comments/Support: Any support questions can be asked and will be answered in this thread, and please report any problems you find here as well. If you've got a comment/suggestion for the plugin I'd be happy to hear it, just post it here as well. I'll be checking in occasionally.

Current Version: 1.1

Link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/require-thread-prefixes

Donate
Feel free to donate so that I can keep on making and updating these plugins for MyBB! Click here to donate, any little bit helps Smile!

Enjoy and feel free to +rep me if you like it!!! ~fizz Cool
Thanks a lot Fizz, I'll give a try
thanks alot it does perfectly what i needed Big Grin
hello
I downloaded and installed your plugin that requires a prefix to each new discussion topic and it does not work on a forum MyBB 1.6.3
Is there something to do in the templates?
Thank you in advance for the solution.
Hey..can you give any more info than that? Because it worked on the ones I've tested, so you're going to need to include some more details for anyone to be able to help you.
the solution
number is not the forum in the Forum Settings
rely solely on the link in the forum to get the No. FID
Um..I think you're asking how to get the forum ID's to use in the plugin? Or am I misunderstanding?
No actually I used the number of forum contained in the configuration of the forums the administration console on the forum.
Was it not possible that the plugin retrieve the number in the configuration of the forum of the forums?
He just had that number on the forum where you require a mandatory prefix, is not in the configuration of the forums
it might be a way to improve the plugin
Plugin is good
Well there's no reason to have the plugin read all your forum id's in my opinion..not even sure what it would check for as a basis for requiring prefixes.

Thanks for the compliment though. Smile
Great Plugin, well done.
Maybe add an ability to be able to sort by prefix too?
And maybe a button to add a prefix on the threadlist, and edit the prefix if you click and hold? Big Grin

Also, just noticed that if it's someone else's thread and you edit the post it won't let you add a prefix.
Pages: 1 2 3