MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: side banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im new to websites/blogs or whatever it is i have got myself into lol, my website is www.ak47-surf.net and i want to make banners appear down the left or right of the forum id prefer the right but im not fussy, would appreciate any help.

this here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-73679.html
is sort of what im after but when i did what the guy in there said it all appeared in the centre of the page and squashed the forum to the left.
you can use this plug-in : http://mods.mybb.com/view/qws-tech
i have attempted to use that but unfortunately i need to use a complete new template and it uses images not coding as far as i can tell, i could be wrong, im just not sure so i posted a support post on their website, but until i hear back from them any other suggestions would be loved.
please try this plug-in : sidebox
thanks im using that and it works great, may i ask how i fix the fact that it made all the copyright info at the bottom black, every page thath as the side banner has changed hte writing to black, while inside threads where i have the banners disabled they are teal as they are ment to be... how to fix please?
copyright info fixed and is back in teal, i am yet to find the stylesheet theme which allows me to edit thread legends and moderator options though, they are still black... same with the, "users browsing this forum" statement
if you disable the sidebox plugin then is everything normal as before ? - let me check it..
yes everything goes back to normal, but a simple stylesheet change of font fixed the copyright so by the same logix i should be able to fix the rest the same way if i can locate their stylesheet.
ok i just fixed hte moderation options aswell, their stylesheet was "form"
yes WIN, i also fixed the rest, my site is back to norm, the last stylesheet was "table"
no LOSS, the table font colour change also changed the colour of the thread timestamps and page selector, which doesnt go well with a white background being teal and all... is there anyway i can keep the timestamps and such dark blue while keeping the legends teal?

look here for an example http://www.ak47-surf.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2, i will change the relevant writing to red so you all know what im talking about without making it hard for my small userbase to navigate.
only now did i discover that multiple stylesheets can affect the same values... im going to be here all night Sad
lol this single post is looking a little screwed but anyway, im going to sleep, ive set the fonts that are giving me trouble to grey, so if anyone goes and looks, i need the grey items on the white background to appear as black and the ones on the black background to appear teal, if you know which stylesheets perform each action please to god let me know.
hmm., just now I checked back this thread - sidebox plug-in is working fine on myBB default theme !!
yea if you read the final bit im not so much having trouble with the sidebox itself as i am having trouble seperating the different section texts, font colour value if that makes sense.