MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP trying to UPGRADE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I drag the NEW admin folder into my FORUMS directory...I get a conflict message (makes sense, as I am overwriting)...but..I don;t want to create copies or overwrite what should not be...SO....which option of the ones attached in the image do I select?

I know,. stupid question..but the language they give you is moronic....and i dont want to mess up my board.

Essentialy:

Merge

Don't Merge

Copy and keep duplicate

or
Synch with automatic rules in favorites.

Thanks!
You want to overwrite.
Ok..but which of those options is overwrite...they use riddles like rumplestiltskin.
"Merge" I would think.
Got it...will try that....wish me luck! :-)
I think it works...but when I try to log in to Admin..it is screwed up...I get this: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare output_page() (previously declared in /data/15/1/128/15/1454178/user/1562813/htdocs/forum/inc/functions.php:17) in /data/15/1/128/15/1454178/user/1562813/htdocs/forum/admin/inc/functions.php on line 101

It also ruined one of my main themes....NY JETS MASTER UGH...I LOATHE UPGRADING!
Anyone? Can someone please help me? I cannot access my Admin Dashboard!
You've uploaded the wrong files to the wrong place. It's simply a case of replacing the current files with the new ones, same file/folder structure, if you're getting this then you've got files in the wrong place. Upload your admin folder again from a fresh download.
That did it...thank you! Weird though....after all that....it still says v 1.6.1
(2011-06-19, 01:26 PM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]That did it...thank you! Weird though....after all that....it still says v 1.6.1

You should run the upgrade script, after you uploaded the new version files.
If it still says 1.6.1 then you've still not got the new files. The version number is stored in one place, so if yours still says 1.6.1, you still have the 1.6.1 copy of that file.