MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me please !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need add a favicon to my site domin. who know how? Undecided
Please reply Sad
Your favicon image A.K.A .ico image size must be 16 by 16 pixels in height and width - no exceptions! Let's face it, an image this size is tiny and you can't get too creative. Take a look again Another favicon.gif. If you also want to display your favicon on your Wepage, you have to convert this image to a gif file (file extension .gif)).

Check your image:

Make sure your image is sized to 16 Width 16 Height.
The number of color used is limited to 16.
Has a file name favicon and file extension of .ico (Windows icon).
Change your image size, number of colors and file name/extension - if required.

Upload your image. Next, Upload (FTP) this Favicon icon to your host in Binary Transfer Mode and place it in your root directory (which is the top directory for your Website) and where you have your html documents located.

Don't have a domain. Even if you don't have your own domain, you can still use a favicons on your site. But, you'll need to add the following code in between the HEAD Tags on each of your Webpages:
<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bill_061/favicon.ico">
favicon is already configured and enabled in mybb default codes
All you have to do is save a favicon.ico file to your root directory
/public_html/favicon.ico
I save favicon.ico in my root: /public_html/favicon.ico . But it not shown . whay? what is the problem?
u can see it here : www.mobesta.com Sad
it takes time update, specially the cache
Its OK for me, a square Blue favicon with black border?
delete all your browsers cache,temporary files
It's my favicon.ico that i move to my root: [Image: favicon.ico]
can u see it? if no, how long to update?
I can see it, yes.

Press Shift+F5 to hard-refresh the page or empty your browser cache.
Excellent! thank 4 all reply
Your forum has hacking content...
(2011-06-16, 11:55 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum has hacking content...

The forum has zero post threads, so I'm not sure where you get the idea of it having hacking content.......But even if it did, just report it to the Admin/Mods here, rather than posting about it.

Pages: 1 2