MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting/Category Collapsing Not Functioning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

Here's the problem. I just installed MyBB on my website and posting / category collapsing is non-responsive.

When I try to post a message, I can insert text and all, but the formatting/font/link tools don't work. Same case with smileys. I'll click a smiley and it won't show up in my draft box.

Similarly, I can't expand/collapse forum categories/statistics with the normally functioning +/- icon to right.

I'm guessing both of these functions are rooted in the same problem. I installed SMF and phpBB just to make sure my host isn't all out of whack, and they work perfectly. I'd really prefer to use MyBB, so if anyone has some advice, I'd love to hear it. Big Grin

Additional Info
Host: Bluehost.com
PHP: 4.4.1
MySQL: 4.1.18-standard-log
Can you make sure you've uploaded the jscripts folder (containing the JavaScripts). I'm assuming that Javascript is enabled on your browser...
DennisTT Wrote:Can you make sure you've uploaded the jscripts folder (containing the JavaScripts). I'm assuming that Javascript is enabled on your browser...
Worked like a charm. Thanks! It looks like SmartFTP needs a spanking for missing one of the directories. Toungue

I really appreciate the quick response, Dennis. Big Grin
I've noticed SmartFTP stopping sometimes myself, it's kinda irritating..