MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Plugins...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I'm trying to get Advanced Plugins installed so I can install another plugin (its a secret)... I've done the code modifcations and uploaded the changed files. Then activated it. Ok, thats done.

I go to activate the other secret plugin and it says I need Advanced Plugins Installed before I can activate it! But it is Installed! Sad

Please, take a look at my admin/global.php file and admin/plugins.php file. See if I've done something wrong?!

[attachment=3163]
[attachment=3165]

EDIT:
Updated admin/plugins.php file...

Thanks!!
FW
Hmm it seems you missed alot of the steps in plugins.php? I'm not using Advanced Plugins, but looking at the readme I think you forget alot of things in the plugins.php file. I'm too tired to fix an file right now though.
Ok. I re-did it all. Now I can't deactivate Advanced Plugins and I still can't install my secret plugin because I still
"Need Advanced Plugins Installed before I can activate this plugin"

Grrr. I want this to work!

Can I ask a question...is the "secret mod" by any chance the Cash Mod, because I'm having the exact same problems, and I know I have installed it fine.
Yes, its the cash mod...
I really want it too!!!!!!!!!!
Have you installed Easy Install as well?
if so, try this.
go to your admin/global.php
under:
define("EI_INSTALLED", TRUE);
add:
define("PLUGIN_USE_CURL", TRUE);
FirefoxWiz:
Upload fresh copies of admin/global.php and admin/plugins.php. You should then deactivate Advanced Plugins then Easy Install.
Make the code changes need to install EI from the readme, upload the changed files, and activate EI. Upload ei_test.php from the EI zip to your forum directory and load it in your web browser. Input your FTP details into the form and make sure that they work. Follow instructions in ei_test.php to save the settings (there should be a button for you).
Once you have got EI FTP setup, you should activate Advanced Plugins from the plugin manager.

That should work. The problem I can see is that your host is a Windows server. If this is the case you should use file writing instead of FTP. Then you might have problems, but this only happens on Windows servers.

Are you having trouble too DrPoodle?
Ok. I don't think it helped any.

The error I get when I try to deactivate Advanced Plugins is:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setupEI() on a non-object in /usr/local/djcsites/dajoob.com/firefox/inc/plugins/advanced_plugins.php on line 43

And the error I get when I try to activate the cash mod is:
Fatal error: Call to a member function checkCodeExists() on a non-object in /usr/local/djcsites/dajoob.com/firefox/inc/plugins/cash_mod.php on line 881

EDIT
Yes, I have 'Easy Install' installed...
Just saw your post decswxaqz! Will do.
Thanks so much decswxaqz!! Now everything works and I got my Cash Mod!
Hey DrPoodle, on your forum wasn't there something in the postbit telling you how many points you had?!?
Pages: 1 2