MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue with VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey everyone,

I have a Linux VPS that I use to host my websites. If it matters, the VPS uses DirectAdmin. When I got the VPS several months ago, everyone could connect to the server from every ISP. Now, the wierd issue I am having is that recently, many people, with different ISPs, in different locations around the world are having trouble connecting to any site on the server (no connection is made to the server), which also includes that they cannot connect to SSH. At first I changed my DNS servers thinking it was an issue with my ISP's DNS servers, and then it worked, so I thought the issue was localised to my ISP. Then I start getting messages from heaps of people saying they cannot access the site either, so I think the issue is server-side, not ISP side...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh.
iptables -F
Also check your firewall settings and Apache conf.
I just ran iptables -F, so we will see what happens. What should I be checking in the apache config?
Interesting, I had similar reports back on my DA vps. Never did track down the issue as the majority didn't seem to have issues.
What does a traceroute for the users display? Where are they stopping? Is it making it inside your network or stopping before?
This sounds a bit like the issues that mybb.com experienced a while ago. I believe the issue then was that the datacenter blocked several IP ranges to prevent DDOS attacks. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong Toungue

Either way, is it a managed or unmanaged VPS package? Have you been in contact with your hoster?
I'll get them to run a trace route, and see what the results are.
(2011-06-18, 07:41 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds a bit like the issues that mybb.com experienced a while ago. I believe the issue then was that the datacenter blocked several IP ranges to prevent DDOS attacks. Don't shoot me if I'm wrong Toungue

Very true, and most likely what may be causing issues.
Ok, they did a tracert, and from what they have told me, they are simply getting "Unable to resolve target system name" so it is a DNS issue (at least I think it is.). Is there anything that the host could have done to cause this, or something I did? Any other ideas? If needed, I could give someone access to the VPS, if I trust them. Toungue
Can you access the site from the IPs?
Pages: 1 2 3 4