MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading wont let me login.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i try upgrade mybb forums it wont let me in during the upgrade progress so i cant start it. If i type the right account/pw it will just like refresh the page but wont get me any further, typing wrong password or account will however give the error: The password you entered is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, click here. Otherwise, go back and try again.

EDIT: im trying upgrade from 1.4.11 to 1.6.3

What should i do?
dump, i watched a video on youtube about how to upgrade the mybb version but i dont get the dropbox with all the versions to choose from like he did. when i press the upgrade to mybb 1.6.3 it will redirect me to the upgrade.php but it will ask me to login. Heres picture:
[Image: upgrade_login.png]

And when like i said before it wont let me login even if im using right password/accounts, the accounts are administrators as i used them to close the forums and other stuff like that...
So it just loads that again?? What browser are you using??
:unsure: the script might be looking for a super admin to start upgrade process..
Doesn't need to be a super admin account, but you should be a super admin anyway if you installed the forum... delete the install folder, and try and log into the forum, and the ACP... when you've logged into both (and made sure you can stay logged into both when you load a new page on the forum/ACP) reupload the install folder and try and upgrade again.
ACP will keep logging him out, what I did to fix this issue was replace /inc/settings.php with a default file and manually edited it. After that, I ran the upgrade with no issues.
Make sure you have correct cookie settings in inc/settings.php
Then it would have been a cookie issue all along, in which case you'll need to make sure you edit the settings again in the ACP to make sure they're correct everywhere.