MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Resize pictures when...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need mods to resize pictures on user ulpoad one bigger than 350kb.
Neither one of those plugins addresses the actual problem of not being able to resize the image before the upload/attachments size verification happens.

Given the way MyBB currently handles file attachments, its not possible to resize dimensions on the server, then verify the image file size is correct and resize again if needed. It would need several core file changes to the attachment and thumbnail code to handle that.
How I do that???
you need to modify the code. i have looked at it before, but I dont have the specifics offhand. Basically you need to change the image upload portion so it will resize first, then verify the size. if ok, then copy the file and generate the thumbnail as usual.
How and what code I need to modify, sorry but I am beginner...
(2011-06-19, 04:48 PM)fantastic Wrote: [ -> ]How and what code I need to modify, sorry but I am beginner...

Its not really a thing for beginners.
(2011-06-19, 04:48 PM)fantastic Wrote: [ -> ]How and what code I need to modify, sorry but I am beginner...

if i could tell you right now, i'd have done it already and shared the updated code. definitely not a beginner change
Pages: 1 2