MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rebuild Settings "tool"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that there should be a "Rebuild Settings" link in the Tools and Maintenance section of ACP (or even the footer of every ACP page).

I edit the settings via phpMyAdmin quite a bit while developing plugins or tweaking things. It would be nice if there was a default way to quickly rebuild the settings without having to FTP in delete the file or or other things.
Very easy to plugin to make. I mean really easy.
This mind sound strange, but when developing plugins, why not just chmod the settings.php so it can't be written to?
(2011-06-22, 05:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Very easy to plugin to make. I mean really easy.
I realize that it is super easy, but I do find it odd that we can rebuild most of the cache at any time, but can't rebuild settings with a simple click.
(2011-06-22, 05:34 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]This mind sound strange, but when developing plugins, why not just chmod the settings.php so it can't be written to?
Because I mess up a lot and end up needing to direct edit the database and then I need the settings file to be rewritten and I also need it to have the new settings in it for testing.

Well you can edit any setting and save to rebuild the settings. It might be an extra click or two but it's not like you have to do it all the time.
I know, I am just lazy.