MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WebCove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow mybb lovers. I am working on my site:
and would like you to participate. It is a web source that will continue to grow with your input.

It is in no way associated with warez or anything illegal. My goal is to promote SEO and web page building with free programs and advice stories and articles.

Please drop by and give me your opinion.

Thank youShy

A forum with default MyBB theme, has 27 forums and 49 sub-forums, with 49 posts in 48 threads and 4 members.
You need to improve a lot.

1) Change the theme, as the default theme wont attract much visitors, especially webmasters, who are your target.
2) Reduce the Forums and subforums. Start with something around 10-15 on the whole. You won't need subforum until your main forum has loads of posts, that can be classified into different subforums.
3) Try to improve content. For a new forum, you should do contests, post exchanges, etc. If your forums are empty, people wont join.
4) Don't hide content from guests in a new forum. Then they would have absolutely no reason to join.
Okay I am still working on it and appreciate your help. I will take off the sub forums for now. It is not advertized as of yet..and I value opinions. I will look for a new theme as well. I worked hard on the content but need advice as how to draw people to post their hosting etc. I will also open the forum for now .. I wish to open a link exchange there and will put that up as well. Thank you.. and when finished I will post here for another review.

Thank you again kavin
(2011-06-22, 12:10 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I am still working on it and appreciate your help. I will take off the sub forums for now. It is not advertized as of yet..and I value opinions. I will look for a new theme as well. I worked hard on the content but need advice as how to draw people to post their hosting etc. I will also open the forum for now .. I wish to open a link exchange there and will put that up as well. Thank you.. and when finished I will post here for another review.

Thank you again kavin

That's great. And nice to know that you are using my theme. Smile
I love the theme aand had that uploaded when you mentioned that I should change the theme. I really like the default mybb theme but yours is a winner I think..
Today my goal is to build the free link exchange and find a good contest to use. Then I will start to visit forums with a banner to my site. Time is the key I guess.. and that I have as I continue to post. Smile
Looks great, I love the theme that kavin has made.
(2011-06-22, 01:01 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I love the theme aand had that uploaded when you mentioned that I should change the theme. I really like the default mybb theme but yours is a winner I think..
Today my goal is to build the free link exchange and find a good contest to use. Then I will start to visit forums with a banner to my site. Time is the key I guess.. and that I have as I continue to post. Smile

(2011-06-22, 01:02 PM)Kaiser. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great, I love the theme that kavin has made.

Glad to know you guys like it. Smile