MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Display Text in PHP and make switch index.html to portal.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi kolton
in your reply you have mentioned that
"update a few links (optional, but recommended. Or else there will be messed up/404 errors everywhere."
by chance it is just the problem i have.i have renamed the portal.php to index.php and placed in "/".now when i want to see the attachments in this new index.php file i get 404 error because the link is something like href="attachment.php?aid=1" where it should be href="forum/attachment.php?aid=1". can you explain a bit more how i can fix the problem? i have googled it a lot but of no avail.i would be obliged if you can help me.

(2011-06-20, 03:50 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, I don't really have time tonight to meet up and do anything. Could you possibly give me Cpanel/admin account? I can get it done sometime tomorrow, assuming you're okay with what I will be doing.

What I plan on doing is changing portal.php to index.php, and index.php (the current one, not portal.php :p) to forums.php. You will have to update all links around the forum.

Then I'll setup your Portal to post new threads from your announcements forum, or something else. It's up to you really.

It's very simple to do as all you have to do is change the file names, update a few links (optional, but recommended. Or else there will be messed up/404 errors everywhere. Hah. Toungue), and then configure the portal. Is there anything I haven't explained well or am not being specific enough on? I'll be happy to better explain what I mean.

Smile

^ @ user1363
Quote:i have renamed the portal.php to index.php and placed in "/"
you may have to put : "forum/"
i mean i have placed it in the root directory in order to make it my homepage. and then i have changed it(portal.php which is now index.php) as below:
$forumdir = "forum";
$change_dir = "forum";
is there anything wrong with it?
(2011-06-27, 06:59 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ @ user1363
Quote:i have renamed the portal.php to index.php and placed in "/"
you may have to put : "forum/"

^
Quote:// set the path to your forums directory here (without trailing slash)
$forumdir = "./";

// end editing
$change_dir = "./";

as per your requirement , it appears to be :
$forumdir = "forum/";
$change_dir = "forum/";

try it OR wait for an expert to respond..
Pages: 1 2