MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Referrer Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was trying to do the "Referrer Mod", and I think I got everything correct.

I went to the Admin Permissions to change it to yes, it was already set to yes so I clicked Update, and I get this error:
This prob has been solved.

Here's the files I edited:
[attachment=3169]
[attachment=3172]
[attachment=3171]

PS. Even if it IS set to yes for referrers, I can't veiw them!
Help please!
FW
Unknown column 'canlookreferrer' in 'field list'
means that the column inside your MySQL table isn't there...which means the plugin may not be installed correctly.

Did you drop referrer_sql_install_v1_0_0.php into your root html directory and then go to http://yoursite.com/referrer_sql_install_v1_0_0.php

??

That would probably install the tables and columns you need for the plugin.
That's probably an issue since it's an very old mod. Did you run the referrer_sql_install_v1_0_0.php file in your browser?
Quote:Did you drop referrer_sql_install_v1_0_0.php into your root html directory and then go to http://yoursite.com/referrer_sql_install_v1_0_0.php

??

That would probably install the tables and columns you need for the plugin.

No, didn't know I had to do that!

Ok, now this is getting weird. . . I put the permissions to YES and it says I don't have permission to access it still...
What now?
Put them the same way to yes, as you did with eMods. (Probably in another way)
Ok.

It finally worked.

I signed out for a while and signed back in, changed the permissions to YES and it works... :$
How on earth is this crazy Referrer Mod supposed to work? I've clicked on my sig link that goes to my forum but it doesn't show up in the 'Referrer' log...

help?
I'm also using it now, but I'm clueless about that. Toungue
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=67
Is this the one you are talking about?

If so, it was for RC4... but you can't tell that from the search page (if that is where you found it)...
This was one of the first mods I made so it is probable it might not work.... let me test it on my site.

(Oh and if you have FF you might have turned off referrers using the Web Developer toolbar. Check that Smile)

EDIT: No it's not working Toungue I'll try to find out why.

EDIT 2: Ok simple change. Goto phpmyadmin, and select the mybb_settings table. Do a search where the name is "referrer_on". There should be one setting with this name if you used the sql_install.php file. Change the gid for this setting to 14. This will put the "Referrer on" setting into the server optimisations setting group.
Once you've changed the gid, goto the admin settings panel, and open the server optimisation group. Make sure the referrer mod is on and click submit, it should now work.
Quote:EDIT 2: Ok simple change. Goto phpmyadmin, and select the mybb_settings table. Do a search where the name is "referrer_on". There should be one setting with this name if you used the sql_install.php file. Change the gid for this setting to 14.
Done Smile

Quote:Once you've changed the gid, goto the admin settings panel, and open the server optimisation group. Make sure the referrer mod is on and click submit,

Done Wink

Quote:it should now work.
But I clicked on my sig from here, and it doesn't show up in the referrer log! Sad ??

Pages: 1 2