MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange Mail Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a weird mail problem with your board and my server. It sends out new member verifications fine, but it won't send out reply notifications.

My host is Yahoo, and I know that they support php mail because I have it set up, and the verification emails work correctly.

Any ideas on why this function isn't working?
are u sure you have subscribed to the correct place.
for example reply notifications are thread subscribtion not forum subscribtion.

regards
I have checked the box next to "email notification" if that's what you mean. I got the email notification when you replied to this post, it just doesn't work on my board. Sad
Could you register your self again with the same email you have for your primary account and tell me if the activation code will be sent or not. I know that you have mentioned that activation mails works, but I need to try it with your email, not the users who sign up to your board.

regards
Ok, now this is tres weird. The reason I said the activation emails were going out ok, was because I did exactly as you suggested, and registered with the account that I use as my primary email. When I did it then, it worked fine. I just tried it again at your request, and I didn't get the activation mail. I'm thinking this is a problem with my mail host. I had one of my users say that they were getting the notifications a few minutes ago too.

Thank you so much for your help, I'm resetting my spam filters to see if that helps, and if that doesn't work then I'm off to call my host.

Btw, we love the MYBB board. We just swapped over from PHPBB, and this one is much cooler. Smile

Thanks again,

Di