MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [TUT] How to succesfully install shop 1.5 with new points 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: MOD PLEASE MOVE TO TUTORIAL SECTION!! THANKS!

In this tutorial I will be showing you how to succesfully install shop 1.5 with newpoints 1.8 on myBB 1.6/1.4
now sorry if this is the wrong section, but I didnt really see a tutorial section. sorry if there is I'm kinda new to the site.

Alot of you have been getting the error "newpoints_shop_categories" doesnt exist. I had that problem too, it was annoying and no one knew how to help me!! But I figured it out, and now you will have this installed too.
First of all make sure that you have a working version of new points 1.8 installed. Make sure its legit too, no 3rd party stuff.

Next you want to have the "upload" folder for shop 1.5 on your desktop.

open up your FTP and connect to your sites forum  folder.(public_html/forums/)

now simply open up the "upload" folder on your desktop in FTP.

right click and hit "upload to FTP"

do that to both "images" and "inc"

then go to newpoints ---> plugins -----> activate
======================================================

Now go to your site, and go to admin cp.
navigate to new points---> and then shop
It should give you the error "newpoints_shop_categories" is not found
thats normal.

now go back to the "upload" folder on your desktop, and open up the filed called "newpoints_shop.php" (I would use Notepad++)

then navigate to where it says something like version and it should say this. "1*"

Just simply change it to 16 for myBB 1.6 or 14 for myBB 1.4

save it

Now go back to your site, and DEACTIVE & UNINSTALL shop 1.5

now go back to your FTP, and upload the contents of the UPLOAD FOLDER, back to your site again.

so upload inc, and images.

close out of FTP, and go back to your site.

now in admin cp go to newpoints, and then plugins, and install and activate shop 1.5

now when you go to shop, it works!! have fun

so there it is, I hope this helps all of you myBB fans who are having trouble with shop 1.5!!!

be sure to visit my site!!!! =D