MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Uknown Location" /misc.php?action=google_seo_error=
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey!

Upon activating the Google SEO plugin I noticed that it was showing "Seeing an Error page" for everything on the WOL. I disabled the "Show 404 Errors on Who's Online" but then the errors changed to "Uknown Location" for everything. I followed the 1.4 trick by changing that line of code in the functions_online.php, but that didn't seem to do the trick either.

Any help?
that usually happens when you have a missing image or similar page element somewhere. the browser loads the page, then it tries to load the image, which yields a 404 error, and updates the who is online location. You can check your server error logs and find what file is brining up this error. Once you find the file that is causing this error you can add it back to the site and you wont get the error any more.
Thanks, Blake.
Would it perhaps be better to just re-install MyBB?
No. Some files that are missing are images, or files from plugins that gone missing some how. Smile
From checking the error_log, it said that:

[20-Jun-2011 06:29:46] PHP Warning:  require_once(**/forum/inc/init.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in **/forum/global.php on line 19
[20-Jun-2011 06:29:46] PHP Fatal error:  require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '**/forum/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in **/forum/global.php on line 19

Although there was already an init.php file there. I re-uploaded a fresh one, I'm just checking to see if the problem is solved now. *fingers crossed*

*EDIT*:
No luck. Still showing "Seeing an error page".
Either the server cant open the file which means incorrect chmod settings, should be 644. Or something is wrong on line 19, make sure line 19 has a "{". Sorry this is where my knowledge stops, I dont know to much about the Mybb core files and server errors like this. =\
Line 19 has a "{" and the files are CHMOD'd correctly. Confused
Like I said, not to sure, best bet, ask the mod maker or wait for someone else to answer. But something missing is most likely the cause.
I've posted in the SEO thread and I'm awaiting a response. Anybody else have an idea?
Check your access.log for 404 errors, maybe it will show the exact page that's causing the 404 error there. Other than that, you might have to disable Google SEO 404 entirely (and remove the ErrorDocument line in .htaccess) but that won't actually fix the issue, it'll just hide it from the who's online list...
Pages: 1 2