MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Randomly Lost theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I'm re-doing my website. So on my homepage www.xxxxxxx.com i upload a index.html file saying "Site under Construction". Then in my FTP client i created a new folder "newsite". Then i installed myBB 1.6.3 inside the "newsite" folder so when i work on my site i go to www.xxxxxx.com/newsite. It has been working well up untill now. For some reason everything got messed up and i noticed that all the locations changed to the root and are no longer in the "newsite" folder. So now nothing can be found and im left with this kind of stuff.
[Image: mjbz2v.png]

[Image: 2i8f6va.png]
As you can see it can't find the member.php because it's looking in the root directory not the /newsite that i made and had everything in. So pretty much the question im asking is how do i change the directory back to the "newsite"
Did you mess with the configuration files by any chance or change the mybb main domain option?
(2011-06-21, 05:39 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you mess with the configuration files by any chance or change the mybb main domain option?

Nope nothing at all. I installed a plugin, then checked to make sure it worked and it was like this. So i then uninstalled that plugin but the site didn't go back to normal.

It would help if you provided the name of the plugin that did this to your forum. I'll test it on my demo to see if it messes it up.
(2011-06-21, 05:51 PM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]It would help if you provided the name of the plugin that did this to your forum. I'll test it on my demo to see if it messes it up.

It was a pluging that allows you to upload pictures to tinypic when creating a new thread. It isn't the plugin that caused it because when this happened last night i didn't even install a plugin. Is there a way to change my site back to the "newsite directory" If so how.
Do me a favor and go to your ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and check if your board url option is correctly set.
Yes!! Thank you Sr. That was it. Some how it changed i don't know why. But thanks a Ton!!
It's no problem at all. I've had that happen to me before to. Usually when transfering domains, and or urls. You sometimes forget to change that one configuration.
<-- deleted -->