MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Update Usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read another post on this, and everyone said it was the browser, but I tried on multiple laptops (even one at Costco; different browsers too), so that can't be the case...

When I try and update the Administrator or Super Moderator group (and strictly those two), any changes I make are rejected, yet the 'success' message still appears as if it has updated.

In a rebellious attempt to fix the issue, I even stepped my foot into the SQL and modified the settings from within the 'mybb_usergroup' table. Yet to no avail. It resets immediately.

I am using close to no plugins, but here they are:
Fake Admin CP
Disable portal.php ....

So that about wraps it up.

Even ideas as to what files I could re-upload would be grand.

I have tried creating new users with the same group and even modifying the settings under different users.

To be more specific, I can't check off the following boxes:
Calendar
Can moderate calendar events?
Who's Online
Can view who's online?
Can view invisible users?
Can view IP addresses on who's online?
Miscellaneous
Can view member list?
Can send threads to friends and email users?

From what I can see, the setting to make them a super moderator/administrator is what makes the checking of these boxes impossible.

It's very inconvenient, as I would like to see who is on my own forum Wink
[Image: capturewi.png]
Anyone have any ideas?
In ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager, try to rebuild:
usergroups
forumpermissions
moderators

Then try to make the changes again.
Can you check the chmod status in Admincp >> Tools & Maintenance
Do any of them show not writable?
You and the other person who had this must have something non default somewhere if you're getting this problem and only with these groups, as by default there's nothing that would affect just these two groups and no others. What plugins or file edits have you made??
None of the solutions above worked.
Now I am going to try re-uploading myBB.

Could it be a mess-up in the SQL?
Updating the files did not work.
It's SQL-related.

Must've happened when I tried merging an old forum to mine....

What could fix this?
**Fixed by downgrading to 1.6.2 and re-upgrading.
Absolutely nothing is different about the admin files or the database between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3, at all, apart from a few templates being updated, and no update has done anything to these settings, so I'm not entirely sure what you actually did to fix this. By uploading 1.6.2 and upgrading again, the files and bits of the database that are related to these settings would be exactly what they were before.